Sunday, February 3, 2013

Nathan vs Perler Beads Part 6: Persona 3


Long time, no Perler. After a long hiatus, I returned to the world of perlers (I've actually been making stuff, but this is the most significant update in recent years) to make the characters from one of my favorite JRPGs: Persona 3.

But you might wonder: how does one perler a PS2 sprite based game? Easy, find somebody who made fan sprites. Especially if that person is Paul Robertson, the guy who made the sprites for the Scott Pilgrim video game adaptation.

The whole crew, chibi-ized and pixelated

Now, it's worth pointing out that these things are pretty big, about a foot tall each were I to make them, and took several hundreds beads each. They also use a lot more colors than there are perlers, but luckily Perler introduced a bunch of new colors recently (specifically grays) that helped with the shading. Still, it took a lot of tweaking in order to get everything to work. 

Startin' out with the protag. 
Our sullen, emo protag.  Or, in my guy's case, a dude who talked back to everybody. 

Fuuka and Protag
Of course we do Fuuka next. She's the best lady of them all, duh.

The rest of the main crew. Yukari, Akihiko, and Mitsuru. I liked how the hair turned out in particular. 

So there isn't much more progress ones from here, because I kind of just did 'em all. But here's the grand finale.

The whole shebang, except Shinji, who I made after. Game for size reference. 

Pretty rad, right? Aegis' hair was hell, as was Koro's fur color. In the end, however, I like how they turned out.

Me, posing. Yes, I cut my hair. It's a tragic thing. 

And lastly, the whole batch on the walls.

All hangin' out on the walls. 

These guys, again, are way bigger than you probably think. At least four feet from bottom to top, so they cover the wall pretty well. Now nobody will ever go to the bathroom (the room to the right) because evil-Igor is staring ya down.

That's it from this time, but who knows what else I'll do next? I did Sonic and didn't take pictures. Keep an eye out!

No comments:

Post a Comment