Sunday, March 25, 2012

Week in Review for 3/25/2012 - Indie Game Bonanza and Contest!


First off: I have the plague. Ok, not the actual plague, but the flu punched me pretty hard all over yesterday and today. I still managed two reviews yesterday, but that ain't gonna happen today; I'm too braindead. The fact that this blogpost is going up alone is a miracle.

To help celebrate the fact that I want to be dead right now, as well as the fact that we got 19 indie games reviewed this week (bringing the total to 134), we are going to have a contest! For indie games! Yay!

Here is what you can win! All of these are Steam codes, so you have to have Steam to use 'em:

- A code for Post Apocalyptic Mayhem
- A code for Runespell: Overture
- A code for Greed: Black Border


I find it ironic that none of these games I actually reviewed this week, but whatever. PAM is a hybrid third person car game with a car shooter, Runespell is an RPG that uses poker elements (much like Sword And Poker on iOS), and Greed: Black Border is a space duel-stick shooter with a loot system much like Diablo.

In order to enter, here is what you have to do:

1. Comment on this blog (or my re-post on Giant Bomb) saying which of my reviews you liked the best!

2. If you Tweet a link to my blog (either the main page or this week in review) you'll get a second entry

3. If you post on Facebook with a link, you'll also get another entry

So you can get up to three total. The first place winner will get to pick from one of these three codes, second from the remaining two, and third gets whatever is left. Easy enough?

Just respond saying if you tweeted/facebooked it along with your entry; I'll believe you either way. Also include a method of contact (if it's on Giant Bomb I'll PM you, but if its on this blog an email or twitter account would be nice) in case you win.

And now, this week's reviews.

The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai - 4 / 5 Stars
The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile - 5 / 5 Stars
VVVVVV - 5 / 5 Stars
Amnesia: The Dark Descent - 5 / 5 Stars
Hoard - 2 / 5 Stars
Jamestown - 4 / 5 Stars
Trauma - 2 / 5 Stars
Cogs - 4 / 5 Stars
Scoregasm - 3 / 5 Stars
The Ball - 3 / 5 Stars
Atom Zombie Smasher - 4 / 5 Stars
DEFCON - 3 / 5 Stars
Bit.Trip Runner - 4 / 5 Stars
Crayon Physics Deluxe - 2 / 5 Stars
Breath of Death VII: The Beginning - 3 / 5 Stars
Cthulhu Saves the World - 4 / 5 Stars
I Made A Game With Zombies In It - ? / 5 Stars
Miner Dig Deep - 3 / 5 Stars
Swords and Soldiers - 4 / 5 Stars

Be sure and comment so you can win MAD PRIZES! I'll announce the winners during next Week in Review!

No comments:

Post a Comment